For Apple, its biggest market is the U.S. and the company is doing quite well with the iPhone 12 series. It appears that it was worth the wait for many Apple loyalists who had to wait a year to experience 5G. The iPhone 12 is one of the most popular models in the iPhone 12 series. According to research analysis from Comprar Acciones, the iPhone 12 series strong demand will continue in 2021.
The research organization estimates that iPhone 12 shipments will increase by 38% in the first quarter of 2021 (Q1) to 51 million. This is a significant increase from the previous estimate of 47 million shipments.
Nikkei Asia has earlier reported that Apple plans to increase iPhone production by nearly 30% in the first half of 2021. In addition, Apple has asked its suppliers to manufacture up to 96 million iPhones during this period.
According to Comprar Acciones data, Apple plans to produce as many as 230 million iPhones in 2021. This will be a 20% increase from 2019. It will also be close to the record of 231.5 million which it set in 2015.
If Apple achieves its goal. we expect that it will hit a new record high. Recall that Counterpointpoint Research rates the iPhone 12 as one of the best-selling iPhones. For October 2020, the iPhone 12 was the world’s best-selling 5G smartphone.
More interesting is the fact that it hit this feat with only two weeks in the market. Indeed the performance of this smartphone in the market is no less than that of its predecessors.
iPhone 12 specifications
- 6.1-inch (2532×1170 pixels) OLED 460ppi Super Retina XDR display, up to 1200 nits brightness, HDR, Dolby Vision, Ceramic Shield protection
- Six-Core A14 Bionic 5nm chip with 64-bit architecture, quad-core graphics
- 64GB, 128GB,256GB storage options
- iOS 14
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (nano + eSIM)
- Rear Camera: 12MP wide-angle (f/1.6) camera, 7P lens, optical image stabilization, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240fps, 12MP 120° Ultra Wide (f/2.4) secondary camera, 5P lens
- Front Camera: 12MP TrueDepth front camera with f/2.2 aperture, Retina Flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 120fps
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- iPhone 12 dimensions: 146.7×71.5×7.4mm; Weight: 162grams
- 5G (sub‑6 GHz), Gigabit-class LTE, 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with MagSafe wireless charging, fast charging, up to 17 hours of video playback